TREC is a new research center, initiated by Dean of Faculty of Engineering UI, Prof. Dr. Ir. Dedi Priadi, DEA. TREC consists of 7 research cluster and led by experienced researchers.
The potential of renewable energy in tropical countries (particularly in Indonesia) has unique characteristics. It is a challenge for researcher and academia to develop a suitable technical design prototype, policy strategy and business model in order to form a sustainable system
- Lifting up renewable energy role in sustainable development thru :
- Applying science and technology to develop methods and design an efficient of renewable energy system
- Encouraging intensive collaboration with government, policy makers, industries and research institutions at all levels and regions
- Designing better prototypes, concepts and policies of renewable energy system
- Promoting renewable energy applications in all sectors